Small Business Administration Houston
Have you dreamed of owning and operating your own business but don’t know where to start? Do you have questions on how to turn your dream into a reality? The University of Houston Small Business Development Center can help answer key questions – the questions that every entrepreneur needs to ask before starting a new venture.
Some of the services we provide to help you get started include:
- Workshops & seminars for entrepreneurs on start-up, marketing, business plans, software applications, and more
- Business reference library for industry and market research
- Funding solutions
- Business loan packaging – eligibility, understanding the process and proposal preparation assistance
- Help buying an existing business or franchise
- Access to professional service providers such as attorneys and CPAs
- Free, confidential and individualized one-on-one business advisory service
Before You Start – assess your entrepreneurial readiness.
Owning, operating and growing a successful business is challenging. Before you get started you need to assess your motives, your strengths and your weaknesses. You also need to take a hard look at your personal, managerial, technical and financial qualifications. To see if you’re prepared, please take our Business Readiness Assessment.
The First Step – find out if you have what it takes.
Now, before you invest your time and your money, click here to view our Do You Have What It Takes to Start a Business? FREE, online streaming video. You will learn a solid Six Point Process for starting a business. You’ll learn the importance of proper planning and how to avoid common pitfalls. Viewing the video will take about 45 minutes.
Also take our other business start-up workshops covering topics that include market research and marketing concepts, forecasting, business structure, and business plan development.
- to view all of the upcoming University of Houston Small Business Development Center workshops and seminars offered for free or at low-cost.
The Next Step – take advantage of our free, confidential business advisory service.
Once you’ve taken our recommended workshops on getting started and have at least a good draft of a solid business plan, it’s time to take advantage of our free, confidential business advisory services. to request an appointment with a business advisor to discuss your new business venture. A business advisor will contact you within 3-5 business days.